We are working to make the Museum more accessible. If you have visited the Museum recently, please let us know about your experience. The Museum’s Accessibility Plan and information on how to provide feedback can be found on this web page. →
- Paid accessible parking is available for those with a permit.
- Admission is free for a support person accompanying persons with disabilities.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- Accessible washrooms are located on both floors of the Museum.
- A universal washroom is located on the second floor of the Museum.
Change Tables and Nursing
- Diaper-changing tables are available in all Museum public washrooms.
- Nursing is welcome at all locations in the Museum. Please speak with a Visitor Services representative if you would like a private room to nurse in.
Wheelchairs and mobility
- All of our public spaces are fully accessible for visitors in wheelchairs.
- All public spaces are fully accessible for visitors using mobility devices or strollers.
- A wheelchair is available upon request, free of charge, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Spaces are reserved for persons in wheelchairs in the Andrea and Charles Bronfman Theatre.
- Exhibitions include both video and audio content. Videos are subtitled.
- A pilot project was done that makes selected text from the Canadian Immigration Hall exhibition available via a multilingual audio tour App. A QR code is provided at the staff kiosk.
- Seating and rest areas are available throughout the Museum.
Private tours and Appointments
- Visitors with special needs can book private Museum tours at no additional cost.
- Visitors with special needs can book private appointments with the Scotiabank Family History Centre.
- Some public programs are offered online or as a hybrid.
- Inquire about the possibility of having sign language interpretation. Requests must be made at least 3 weeks made in advance of scheduled public programs. Requests can be sent to the Public Programs and Community Engagement Manager.
- For further information, please contact the Vice President, Operations or by phone at 902.425.7770, extension 295