Engage your audience in immigration history and create conversation by featuring an exhibition from our expert curatorial team in your space.
Refugees face fear, shattered lives and often dangerous voyages in search of refuge. Canada has provided that refuge for many. However, over the course of the twentieth century, Canada has had a mixed record in welcoming refugees, reacting generously to some while overlooking others. Refuge Canada provides the context for Canada’s place in the global refugee crisis and brings to light the challenges faced by refugees in Canada.
- Refuge Canada will explore the themes of: life before, fear, displacement, refuge and life in Canada.
- Case studies from major waves of refugees coming to Canada will be featured including German Jewish, Hungarian, Southeast Asian, Tamil and Rwandan refugees among others.
- Challenges a range of myths and stereotypes about refugees
- Multimedia including digital interactives and a UNHCR refugee tent immersive setting
- Flexible design includes two to three adaptable layout options, 1300 to 1500 ft²
|Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21||March 10 - November 11, 2018|
|Peel Art Gallery,
Museum and Archives
|May 31 - September 13, 2019|
|Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre
Medicine Hat, AB
|September 28 - December 7, 2019|
|January 25 - September 7, 2020|
|The City of Lethbridge for
The Sir Alexander Galt
Museum & Archives
|Sept 26, 2020 to Jan 10, 2021|
|February 19, 2022 to May 15, 2022|
|WDM North Battleford
|June 4, 2022 to August 27, 2022|
|October 8, 2022 to January 8, 2023|
|Lennox and Addington Museum and Archives
|January 21, 2023 to April 16, 2023|
|May 6, 2023 to August 27, 2023|
|The Museum of Vancouver
|October 7, 2023 to February 4, 2024|
|The Exploration Place
|February to May 2024|
|Chilliwack Museum and Archives
|June 22, 2024 to September 30, 2024|
|Museums of Burlington
|November 2, 2024 to April 20, 2025|
Museums Assistance Program
MAP provides financial assistance to Canadian museums and related institutions for the cost of borrowing travelling exhibitions. Find out more.