Description of Feedback Process Document
We invite Canadians to provide feedback on:
- how the Museum is implementing our accessibility plan,
- barriers that Museum employees encounter, and
- barriers the public who deal with the Museum experience.
How to provide feedback or request alternate forms of the feedback process description:
Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
1099 Marginal Road, Suite 201
Halifax NS B3H 4P7
By Web form:
Please note this phone number goes to a dedicated accessibility feedback mailbox.
902-425-7770 ext 295
We invite Canadians who are deaf or are hard of hearing to use free Video Relay Service https://srvcanadavrs.ca/en/.
Feedback is accepted using Facebook Messenger
@Canadian Museum of Immigration/Musée canadien de l'immigration.
Anonymous feedback may be submitted via the web form or mail. Please note we are unable to respond to anonymous feedback submissions.
Feedback Processes and Standards
- Non-anonymous feedback will be acknowledged within five (5) business days. Acknowledgement will be in the same format the feedback was originally provided where possible. Web form feedback will be acknowledged by email.
- Feedback will be received by the Vice-President, Operations and shared with the manager(s) with functional accountability and/or with the Accessibility Champions group as appropriate.
- Feedback received will be tracked in Accessibility Plan progress reports.
- Feedback may inform updates to the plan.
- Electronic and print feedback will be retained for a period of seven (7) years. Phone conversations will be preserved via transcripts. Voicemail will be converted to email. Feedback received via social media may be saved in the form of a screenshot.