Sailing Out of Different Port

Individuals who immigrated to Canada after 1935 can request their immigration information from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. A Personal Information Request Form needs to be submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. There is no fee to request your own immigration record.

Immigration records can be requested for persons who have been deceased for longer than 20 years OR would be 110 years of age the year the request is made. Proof of death of death/birth is required. If the person has been deceased less than twenty years, information is only released to the executor of the estate for the purpose of executing the estate. Proof is required. There is a $5 fee for submitting an Access to Information Request Form.

You can submit your request via mail to this address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

If you have any questions regarding Access to Information please email,